Something to make on a very lazy day - requires minimum effort and tastes good too!
For the pastry
I needed an easy recipe for making the pastry for the pie. Not a big fan of playing around with butter. Searched online and found this really simple way to make butter-less pastry.
- 225g flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 4 tbsp mild salad oil
- 1/2 beaten egg
- 3 tbsp hot water
- If you're making something sweet, add a tablespoon of caster sugar
- Put all the ingredients into a lidded plastic box and shake it for at least a minute. When you take off the lid, you will find a lumpy mixture; form it into a ball with your hands, and roll it out on a floured surface.
- Place the rolled out pastry onto a pie dish. I didn't have one and used a loaf tin instead.
For the filling
- Onion - 1 sliced
- Green Pepper(Capsicum) - 1 sliced
- Chicken Sausages sliced- 2 cups
- Eggs - 4
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat oil and saute the onions, green pepper and sausages till cooked. Season with salt and pepper. Add chilli powder if you want extra heat.
- Once done, remove from flame and cool.
- Beat the eggs, add salt and pepper and mix with the sausages.
- Pour this into the pie dish lined with pastry.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Slice and serve!