Friday, March 19, 2010

Mutton Fry



I am not very fond of mutton but I loved this dish. The taste I believe is in the masala. I usually use the readymade ones instead of trying to come up with something myself. And for this recipe, I used Ann's meat masala powder. 

Ingredients:
  1. Mutton, diced into very small pieces - 1 kg
  2. Onions, finely sliced - 2 big 
  3. Meat Masala powder - 50 g
  4. Ginger-garlic paste - 2 tbsp
  5. Vinegar - 1 tbsp
  6. Coconut milk - 1 cup
  7. Curry Leaves
  8. Oil - 1/4 cup
  9. Salt
Method:
  1. Marinate the mutton pieces with the meat masala, salt and vinegar for a few hours.
  2. Heat the oil. Add the mutton, ginger-garlic paste and curry leaves and fry till well done.
  3. Remove the fried mutton from the oil and keep aside.
  4. To the same oil, add the sliced onions and saute till they turn translucent. Once done, add the mutton and mix well.
  5. Add the coconut milk and fry till dry.
  6. Garnish with fried shallots and curry leaves. 
That was really simple to make and very tasty too!


No comments:

Post a Comment