This here is something wonderfully easy to make but tastes like you've spent ages on it. All you need is a readymade peri-peri sauce. I use Nando's medium peri-peri sauce which you get to buy in most supermarkets.
- Chicken thighs and legs - 2
- Button mushroom - 100 gm
- Potatoes - 2 cut in wedges
- Chopped garlic/Garlic paste - 2 tbsp
- Paprika powder/Pepper powder - 1 tsp
- Peri-Peri sauce
- Dried oregano
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Make small slits on the chicken before marinating in the peri-peri sauce, paprika, garlic and salt. Leave for half an hour.
- Place in a roasting pan and cover with kitchen foil. Poke the foil with a knife a few times to allow steam to escape.
- Place the pan in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Once done, drain the liquid in the pan to a saucepan. Simmer till reduced to a thick sauce. IF necessary, add corn flour to thicken.
- Pour the sauce on the chicken before serving.
- Heat 2 tbsps of olive oil in a pan.
- Add chopped garlic and saute till fried.
- Add the mushrooms and 2 tbsps of peri-peri sauce.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Cook on medium heat till the mushrooms are done.
- Boil the wedges in salted water till just done so they hold their shape and do not get mashed.
- Drain the wedges.
- In a bowl, mix a bit of of olive oil and dried oregano.
- Toss the potatoes in the oil and then place in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes till crisp.
- Serve with the chicken and mushrooms.
Happy Eating! :)