I am not very fond of mutton but I loved this dish. The taste I believe is in the masala. I usually use the readymade ones instead of trying to come up with something myself. And for this recipe, I used Ann's meat masala powder.
- Mutton, diced into very small pieces - 1 kg
- Onions, finely sliced - 2 big
- Meat Masala powder - 50 g
- Ginger-garlic paste - 2 tbsp
- Vinegar - 1 tbsp
- Coconut milk - 1 cup
- Curry Leaves
- Oil - 1/4 cup
- Marinate the mutton pieces with the meat masala, salt and vinegar for a few hours.
- Heat the oil. Add the mutton, ginger-garlic paste and curry leaves and fry till well done.
- Remove the fried mutton from the oil and keep aside.
- To the same oil, add the sliced onions and saute till they turn translucent. Once done, add the mutton and mix well.
- Add the coconut milk and fry till dry.
- Garnish with fried shallots and curry leaves.
That was really simple to make and very tasty too!